ALL participants in our rides MUST abide by the following:
- Each rider is responsible for their own safety and the safety of others around them no one is a ‘ride leader’ and you participate at your own risk, we have no offical first aiders.
- Helmets must be worn by all.
- Suitable clothing must be worn at all times appropriate for the weather and conditions.
- Riders must ensure their bike is in a fit and roadworthy state. We are a road bike club and prefer riders to have a suitable road bike. Hybrid bikes are acceptable however mountain bikes are not suitable for most of our rides due to the distance and speeds involved. Ebikes are now rising in popularity and these are welcome in road and hybrid form.
- We recommend that riders have a valid and up-to-date insurance policy either by british cycling, ctc or privately. From 2020 this will be compulsory for all members Click here for more details.
- Each rider must carry a small repairs kit for simply mechanicals i.E. 2 Tubes, pump, multi tool as a minimum.
- Ensure you carry money for any cafe stops or emergencies
- Ensure you have water